MV Beacon – SMS alarm sending device
MV (medium voltage) Beacon is an SMS alarm sending device designed for secondary substations and fault indicators.
MV Beacon is simple to install and use for distribution network operators (DNO). The device has been created to monitor overhead lines, cable line fault indicators, and secondary substation equipment conditions.
MV Beacon is an energy effcient device providing long-term operation - up to 8 years.
MV Beacon can be integrated together with WCC200 as SMS gateway to IEC protocols (IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 60870-5-104, SNMP, Modbus RTU/ASCII, Modbus TCP). With WCC200 gateway you can easily integrate up to 256 MV Beacons to a SCADA system with DNO mostly used protocols.
As soon as a fault indicator senses a fault, MV Beacon sends an SMS to your mobile phone, WCC200 or any third-party SCADA system. Once the fault alarm is sent, the GSM unit is switched off and the MV Beacon enters an ultra-low power consumption mode.
Specific Pooling and Stand-by intervals can be selected. Heartbeat messages include: ID, input status, battery level, QSM level, date, and time information.
MV Beacon supports:
- Nortroll Linetroll 111k
- Nortroll Cabletroll 2700
- Horstmann OPTO F 3.0
- 4 digital inputs
- Power loss event (AC power version)
- Input status inversion option
- Password protected
- Configuration over USB console
- Base station information
- Mobile operator information
- Internal Watchdog
- IP65 class enclosure
- GSM signal strength and battery level in every message
- Readable SMS messages
- Drag and Drop firmware update over USB mass storage
- Option for firmware update over GPRS network
- Configurable input filters; pulse sensing from 20ms
- Optionally captured short (transient) and long (permanent) input signals
- Automatic time calibration
- Modem: U-blox Sara G350, Swiss made 2,5G GSM/GPRS module
- Frequency bands: Quadband 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Digital inputs: 4
- PC USB connection: Mini USB
- Input connectors: Screw terminal plug connector (MV Beacon A), Screw terminal plug connector +4 pole connector (MV Beacon B+)
- Configuration: Over USB console or SMS
- Firmware upgrade: Over USB mass storage or GPRS
- SMS notification recipients: Up to 3 numbers
- Operating temperature: -30 ÷ +70°C (MV Beacon A), -40 ÷ +85 °C (MV Beacon B+)
- Humidity: 5-95% RH (non-condensing)
- Casing: IP65, ABS, grey
- Dimensions: 90 (H) x 122 (W) x 187 (L), mm
- Warranty: 2 years
- Power supply: 230VAC and 2,6Ah Lithium Ion accumulator (MV Beacon A), 3.6V, 26Ah Lithium Thionyl Chloride battery (MV Beacon B+)
- Max. energy use: 130mA
- Battery lifetime: Up to 36h (MV Beacon A), up to 8 years (MV Beacon B+)
- Cable length: up to 5 m (MV Beacon B+)
- Antenna: Internal or external (MV Beacon A), Internal (MV Beacon B+)