WCC Lite is a single-box device not requiring any vendor specific power supply or other components which can work as standalone device for application as protocol converting, mini RTU without I/O’s, datalogger, etc. WCC Lite is ideal for retrofit projects – as its small footprint allows to fit it into any existing cabinet, while its wide variety of supported protocols and possibility for converting them to each other gives a perfect fit. Additional DI and relay output allows to send information to the SCADA system about power outages and indicate errors on cabinet doors or to use as simple single command.
Due to integrated modem feature WCC Lite with smallest in the market footprint allows to switch from existing cabling or radio infrastructure to mobile connectivity. WCC Lite has ideal set of features to become as a networking router of small sites including routing, firewall and VPN features. High bandwidth of Ethernet and 4G allows to integrate video surveillance traffic or IED’s remote access for configuration, COMTRADE files and other needs.
WCC Lite can be used as a small RTU in secondary substations, renewable power plants, and other places with the need to collect and deliver data from various field equipment to SCADA, DMS or CloudIndustries.eu web SCADA platform. To read more about mini RTU with I/O’s click here.
WCC Lite application:
- Power Grid
- Renewable energy projects (solar, wind, hydro)
- Energy storage applications
- Factory resources supervision
- Energy sub metering applications
Integrated WCC Lite protocols:
- DNP3 master / slave (Serial / TCP)
- IEC 61850 (client / server)
- Modbus master / slave (RTU / ASCII / TCP)
- M-Bus master (Serial / TCP)
- IEC 60870-5- 101 master / slave
- IEC 60870-5- 103 master
- IEC 60870-5- 104 master / slave (KEMA certified)
- IEC 62056-21 master
- IEC 62056-31 master
- Transparent tunnel from TCP to Serial
Compatible with multiple PV inverters (Aurora, ABB, Danfoss ComLynx, Diehl, Delta, Ginlong, Huawai, Kaco, PowerOne, SMA, Sungrow, Solar Edge, Solis, Solax and many other).
- Protocol converter from any to any with local event storage.
- Data logger services with data storage capability in file formats (csv, json) and push to remote servers via http(s), ftp(s).
- Industrial grade router with combination with mobile modem and Ethernet switch.
- Rule based Firewall with unlimited possibilities including filtering, limits, SNAT, DNAT, packet marking and more.
- Mobile connectivity via integrated 4G LTE, 3G, and 2G modem with dual SIM card support, auto switching.
- VPN client and server (IPsec and OpenVPN).
- Web-based configuration.
- Integrated scripting engine with advanced capabilities (PLC functionality).
- Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS)
- Serial ports 1 x RS485/232; 1 x RS485.
- Cyber security:
- IEEE 1686-2007
- WEB SSL support for configuration
- DoS, spoofing prevention
- ICMP, Multicast, VPN filtering
|Product description||WCCLite – mini RTU and gateway|
|Configuration software||WCC Excel utility, Putty, Web browser|
|Functionality||Freely scalable RTU with included all supported protocols and functions for utilities, grid and renewables automation solutions.|
|RTU functionality||– Reading Process events from the input/output modules.|
– Send commands to the output modules.
– Communication with sub devices to collect events and execute commands.
– Communicating with control systems and other IOT systems.
– Handling the configuration via WEB Browser and Elseta configuration tools;
– Monitor communication status with sub devices.
– Sequence-of-Event (SOE).
– Execute user scripts to enable custom automation and regulation algorithms.
– Connectivity: LAN/WAN, Mobile (4G LTE), VPN.
– Firewall (rules based).
|Data exchange||WCCLite are able to support up to 16 host systems including hot-standby SCADA systems.|
Every IEC 60870-5 protocol can have shared or independent buffers of events and support multiple SCADA communication at the same time.
|Data collection||WCCLite series supports collection of data up to 50 sub devices, e.g. IED’s, meters, IO’s, Inverters. Each sub device connected to WCCLite is supervised and shown status in diagnostic screen.|
– distributed PLC based IEC 61499 standard;
– Script execution engine (recommended) to write own programs based on LUA programming language.
|Data storage||WCCLite provide archive all data on non-volatile flash for events, measurements, counter values, security events.|
|Time management||WCCLite provides multilevel time management solution CPU supports NTP, IEC 60870, DNP3 time sync multi sourcing and IOMOD devices has time sync option with IEC 60870 protocol firmware.|
|Time sync sources||Multi time sync options (priority based):|
– Internal RTC clock with battery basedmemory up to >15 years of life time;
– NTP (Network Time Protocol) over TCP/IP;
– IEC 60870-5 time sync support;
– DNP3 time sync support;
– IEC 61850 time sync support.
|Time sync precision||The time base operates with a time resolution of 1 ms.|
|Communication interfaces||Interfaces for communication with IED’s, Meters, inverters, SCADA systems and etc.|
|Independent Ethernet ports||2x 10/100 Mbps 10/100Base-T compliance IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u standards, supports auto MDI/MDIX|
|Serial ports||2x RS485 (Standard ANSI/TIA/EIA-485-A)|
|Serial ports||1x RS232 (Standard EIA/TIA-232-E) Switchable with RS485 port1|
|Mobile communication||Available only with integrated WCCLite version with mobile communication module|
|Mobile technology support||4G (LTE) – Cat 4 up to 150 Mbps, 3G – Up to 42 Mbps, 2G – Up to 236.8 kbps|
|Dual SIM card support||2 SIM cards, auto-switch cases: weak signal, data limit, no network, network denied, data connection fail|
|Other mobile info||Signal strength (RSSI), SINR, RSRP, RSRQ, RSCP, IMSI, ICCID, Signal strength LED indicators, SMS receive/send, APN management.|
|LED indication||To indicate traffic on interface every interface has independent LED indication on receive/send packet.|
|Supported protocols||Host and sub device communication protocols|
|IEC 60870||IEC 60870-5-101 Master support|
IEC 60870-5-101 Slave support
IEC 60870-5-103 Master support (WCCLite only)
IEC 60870-5-103 Slave support (IOMOD modules only)
IEC 60870-5-104 Master support
IEC 60870-5-104 Slave support (KEMA Cert.) + IEC 62351 (parts -3) security standard is supported TLS encryption
|DNP3||DNP3.0 TCP(LAN/WAN) Master support|
DNP3.0 TCP(LAN/WAN) Slave support
DNP3.0 Serial Master support
DNP3.0 Serial Slave support
IEC 62351 (parts -3) security standard is supported TLS encryption
|Modbus||Modbus RTU Master support|
Modbus RTU Slave support
Modbus ASCII Master support
Modbus ASCII Slave support
Modbus TCP Master support
Modbus TCP Slave support
|IEC 61850-8-1||Client (Master) support of Editions 1, 2, 2.1|
– MMS client
– Read services
– Write services
– Static data sets
– Report Control blocks
Server (Slave) support of Editions 1, 2, 2.1
– MMS server
– Read services
– Write services
– Static data sets
– Report Control blocks
IEC 62351 (parts -3, -4, -5 and -6) security standard is supported for authentication and TLS encryption
|Meter protocols||M-bus Master support|
DLMS/COSEM master support
IEC 62056-21 master support
IEC 62056-31 master support
|Other protocols||MQTT, RESTful API|
|Cyber security||Comply with BDEW white paper, IEC 62351 and general cyber security practices|
|Secure access||Secure access to all services (HTTPS, SSH)|
|RBAC||Role-based access protection with login and password|
IEC 62351 by security standard is supported.
|User administration||Local users administration with different access levels|
Central user administration via RADIUS
|Password complexity||Fully customisable password policy:|
– minimum password length,
– maximum password lifetime,
– usage of lower case characters,
– upper case characters,
– special characters.
|Certificate storage||Internal Crypto Store for certificate management|
Import of certificates
|Auxiliary power supply||9-33VDC (full range)|
|Insulation voltage||3 kV|
|Operating temperature||-40°C … 85°C|
|Storage temperature||-40°C … 85°C|
|Relative humidity||max. 95 % (non condensing)|
|Installation type||DIN Rail mounting|
|Case height x width x depth||119 x 22.5 x 101 mm|
WCCLite without modem – WCCLite without modem
WCCLITE 4G/3G/2G – WCC Lite v1.4 with 4G/3G/2G Modem