Unique hardware design combines powerful functionalities with the smallest size in market.
ELSETA's WCC Lite integrates powerful RTU together with mobile connectivity modem and cyber security features.
Read below about all the features already in place:
- No protocol licenses needed;
- No payment per data points;
- All protocols already included in package;
Hardware agility allows you to get everything necessary for utilities to automate secondary substations, reclosers, sectionisers, and other applications.
Hardware fits for almost all needs:
- Two independent Ethernet ports;
- Two serial communication ports RS232/RS485;
- Mobile connectivity with LTE(4G), 3G, 2G technologies and 2 SIM cards;
- 1 x galvanically isolated digital input 60 VDC (from HW v1.4);
- Relay output NO/NC up to 5A (at 250VAC);
- Power supply from 9 to 36 VDC;
- Plastic cover to protect from dust and remove of SIM cards.
Hardware is IEC61850-3 compatible.
Cyber security is the most important in critical infrastructure. We know how essential it is to protect critical assets.
WCCLite was built with cyber security at its core. We are constantly improving that to protect customer assets against cyber threats.
Cyber security features:
- Built-in certificate storage allows to store keys without ability to extract;
- Built-in Firewall with ability to fully control it;
- Pre-configured firewall rules can be enabled via web-ui;
- Unlimited firewall configuration via CLI;
- Port forward;
- Traffic rules;
- Custom rules.
- DHCP server and client:
- Static and dynamic IP allocation;
- DHCP relay.
- Access control:
- Flexible access control of TCP, UDP, ICMP packets;
- MAC address filter.
- IEC 60870-5-104 and DNP3.0 TLS encrypted communication line (compliant with IEC62351-3);
- VPN capabilities based on OpenVPN, L2TP and IPSEC;
- VPN Servers;
- VPN Clients;
- RADIUS user management support;
- Role-based access control (RBAC) (compliant with IEC62351-8);
- Syslog based remote log delivery;
- Encrypted WEB interface with ability to use corporate certificates;
- Secured shell access (SSH) for remote management;
- Integrated mobile connectivity allow to avoid the man-in-the-middle.
Distributed programmable logic
WCCLite now supports programmable logic for distributed industrial process measurement and control systems based on the IEC 61499 standard.
This functionality can be used as regular PLC based on IEC 61131. This unlocks unrivalled customisation and flexibility by giving users the capability to build applications for deployment into a single RTU or groups of RTUs. Basically that enables customers to create smart grid applications for self-healing grids.
IEC 61499 provides:
- A combination of distributed programming language and PLC programming with IEC 61131-3;
- Generic modelling approach for distributed control applications;
- Function Block concept;
- Separation of data and event flow;
WCCLite allows to use all protocols and routing capabilities:
Up to 16 SCADA systems at the same time;
Data acquisition for more than 50 devices;
Internal DB to store all data changes;
Adjustable SOE buffer.
Utilities market fits with most used protocols:
- IEC60870-5-101 master / slave;
- IEC60870-5-103 master;
- IEC60870-5-104 master / slave;
- DNP3.0 master / slave Level 3+;
- Modbus RTU/ASCII master / slave;
- Modbus TCP master / slave;
- Meters protocols are described bellow in the metering section.
IEC61850 Client/Server is coming this fall (2020).
Professional rugged Dual-SIM 4G/LTE/3G/2G RTU with Router for professional applications. The device delivers high performance, mission-critical cellular communication and is equipped with connectivity redundancy through Dual-SIM failover. External antenna connectors make it possible to attach desired antennas and to easily find the best signal.
Mobile: 4G (LTE)/3G/2G – Cat 4 up to 150 Mbps, 3G – Up to 42 Mbps, 2G – Up to 236.8 kbps (in HW v1.4 since 2020/Q3);
SIM switch: 2 SIM cards, auto-switch if no network, network denied, data connection fail;
Status: Signal strength, SINR, RSRP, RSRQ, Bytes sent/received;
Extra: force technology to connect, disable/enable sim cards and manage pin codes, ICMP for link inspection.
In industrial, building and utilities applications it is important to collect data from smart meters. WCCLite has ability not only connect to meters, but as well are able to communicate with meter with his native protocol, store data internally in WCCLite internal database and transmit with any protocol.
WCCLite supports different meter protocols:
- Mbus serial;
- Mbus TCP;
- DLMS/Cosem serial and TCP;
- Modbus RTU/ASCII;
- Modbus TCP;
- IEC62056-21(Modes: A/B/C);
- IEC 62056-31;
Utilities, Distribution grids and Cities are becoming interconnected.
That requires ability to interconnect not only regular infrastructure, but also add other services like integration with public services or ERP systems. Here WCCLite gives you more possibilities to stay AGILE as well.
WCCLite has ability to publish any data to MQTT broker over Ethernet, satellite or mobile.
WCCLite internally has REST API which allows you to get information about device, configuration and measurements. This gives you the ability to collect data as well as integrate into 3rd party systems.
CloudIndustries and WCCLite were best friends from the beginning. This allow to even configure WCCLite from Cloud-based software. CloudIndustries give you ability to have utility scale SCADA in your browser.